Monday, November 2, 2009

Self care...REALLY, I need some ideas...

So, my last posted hinted at the fact that I need some self-care ideas. But...REALLY... I need some self care ideas. I may as well just go out and say it: I need some self care ideas. My problem is I feel so f*ing guilty when I self care. So, my self care becomes clandestine and secret and..... not so great.

Here is my idea of self care:

*going to the grocery store without kids
*taking a bath for 7.25 minutes without a kid joining me in the tub
*rolling over in bed for 15-20 seconds so the boy gets my back instead of nursing on my sore nipples...
*blogging, reading blogs, checking facebook...
*drinking 750 ml of wine...(I checked)...before taking the girl to ballet class
*reading a trashy "Reacher" novel while nursing...
*taking a dance class and leaving the kids with a baby sitter for 1.5 hours...
*showering by myself and soaking in the warm water (3 days per week at 5:00 am.)
*eating food that's bad for me: Chef-Boy-R-Dee Raviolis and Chicken Pot Pie in the Microwave...
*eating chocolate ANYTHING
*cursing loudly when no one can hear (except the baby)
*turning up the music WAY LOUD on my way to work so I can sing and not worry about the lyrics or volume...



CLEARLY,
I need more ideas for healthy self care. PLEASE leave a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Okay...shopping....did I forget to mention shopping? Ebay, Thrift Stores, whatever seems like a bargain.....shopping...SHOPPING....is somehow self care. Even if I buy stuff for the boy or the girl or the man. Yes, even if I buy stuff for me....shopping has become self care.

    ReplyDelete